Monday, January 22, 2007

The Worst Day Of The Year

Apparently, today is the worst day of the year. A combination of winter weather, left over Christmas bills, failed New Year's resolutions and general downtime after the festive fun times leaves everyone feeling blue.

To be honest, I felt this the day after Boxing Day when I realised there really were no more presents and I'd spent far too much money on people I won't be seeing for another twelve months.

But, I can't help but feel slightly....down. There is no spring in my step today, no song in my heart nor joy in my laughter. In fact, there is no laughter at all today. Because everyone else around me seems to be feeling it too. We're all sat at our desks tapping away half heartedly at our "work" whilst the phones don't ring and the radio provides mellow background noise.

Even the supposed snow London will be receiving soon isn't raising a small feeling of child like glee in me. And I bloomlin' love snow, me.

Being in a middle ground mood where I'm neither annoyed or happy is not somewhere I usually am. I tend to be an all the way up or all the way down kind of person. Which isn't something I particularly like about myself, but what cannae do, eh? So, to be perfectly content with feeling perfect apathy is...odd. It's not something I can even explain properly. Because I can't be bothered to find the right words. D'ya know what I mean?

Pffff.

No comments: