Monday, February 5, 2007

Winterkids



The Winterkids have been on the receiving end of some blogging hype. Not all of it good, with one blogger comparing them to Menswear. Oh dear. And, I have to say, they're not amazing. Everything about them should be everything I hate in a band; the image, the
trite lyrics, the mandatory girl tinkling on a keyboard...Except, except for this one song, Tape It.

This song is nothing out of the indie ordinary. But that bassline gets me by the soles of my feet and makes me want to dance. The chorus is too damn catchy. I defy you to get it out of your head. I *know* I shouldn't like it, but I do. I really, really, really do. Oh woe.

Having fished around and listened to some other mp3's of theirs that are floating around, this is by far the only song worth lending your ears. Although be prepared for it to steal them for a while.

Find out for yourself at their Myspace page here.
Or, if you're deaf, purchase things here.



No comments: